- Required Items
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- 5 letters of recommendation
- Important Dates
- July 14:
- Application materials due.
- August 16:
Winners determined and applicants notified.
“The Ronald G. Michels Fellowship Foundation award is considered to be one of the most prestigious in the area of vitreoretinal surgery and is bestowed upon a second-year surgical fellow based on a highly competitive application and review process. I encourage you to apply!”
Alexander J. Brucker, MD
2023 Award Application
All Surgical Vitreoretinal Fellows whose second year of training will commence by July 1, 2023 are eligible to apply.
- The following materials are required and must be submitted by the deadline.
- Application form (Complete this form and save. Your registration as a new applicant must be completed [see below] in order to upload your application form.)
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
- Personal statement: one-page summary describing professional goals and personal interests (PDF)
- Photo (high resolution, portrait-style, jpg or tif format)
- Letter of recommendation from Retina Fellowship Director *
- Letter of recommendation from Residency Director *
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your training and/or research activities *
- * Template for requesting letters of recommendation
- (You are encouraged to use this template.)
- * All recommendation letters must be on official letterhead in PDF format and must be submitted online.
- As your application must correlate with your references, you must provide each reference with the correct reference link which will be included in your registration confirmation email.
DO NOT send your references your username and/or password!
You will be notified when a recommendation letter has been received.
You may check the status of the recommendation letters at any time (must be logged in).
Your application is considered complete and eligible for review when all required files and recommendation letters have been received. (You will receive a confirmation and your login will be disabled.)
Begin your application
Register as a New Applicant. You will receive your Application ID, Password and unique reference links by email.
If you are a returning applicant, simply log in.
Karen Baranick, Executive Secretary